Information on how to apply for a grant or scholarship.
1. You are eligible for a grant if your organization:
- Is located in Avery County, NC
- Has been in operation for a minimum of 2 years
2. You are not eligible if your organization:
- Needs funds for operational expenses only
- Intends to use funds to promote political or religious beliefs
- Plans to transfer these funds to any other organization
3. You must be a non-profit organization and have a current copy of your IRS Tax Exemption letter that must be included with your application.
4. Grandfather Community Foundation accepts one grant application from an organization
5. The foundation expects that any funds awarded will be used solely for the purpose set forth in the application.
6. Applications must be submitted by June 1 for review in early June.
7. Email applications to email@example.com
Starting in 2021, we began awarding scholarships to Avery County High School seniors. We have helped students attending two-year and four-year schools. Applicants were selected based on merit as well as financial need. Preference was given for students who expressed a genuine desire to contribute meaningfully to the social and economic development in this area post-graduation.
- $2,000/year for students attending a two-year or vocational institution
- $4,000/year for students attending a four-year institution
Applicant must be a graduating senior from Avery County High School who shows strong academic standing and demonstrates financial need. Preference will be given for students who express a genuine desire to contribute meaningfully to the social and economic development in this area post-graduation.
The scholarship is available to:
- High school students who attend Avery County High School or are home-schooled
- Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or vocational education at an accredited, nonprofit academic institution (i.e., college, university, community college, technical college or vocational school)
- Candidates who plan to attend school on a full-time basis (at least 12.0 credits/term)
HOW TO APPLY:
Avery County Local Scholarship Common Application (including the application, short answer questions, Student Aid Report, resume) and a copy of your transcript
Notes: be sure to list other scholarships you have applied for and received on the application
Copyright © 2023 GRANDFATHER COMMUNITY FOUNDATION - All Rights Reserved.
Images provided by Jim Magruder